Thursday, March 31, 2011

Coz I'm amazing Just the way I am (weird,random ranting)

Yes i tweeked a lil' bit of Bruno Mars' song.

Ever felt like your hair hates you and wants to get revenge by not staying the way you want it to stay because you let it roast in the sun too long? Or perhaps your eyes just look weird because you refused to go to sleep even though it's five in the morning?
Who am I kidding? This post ain't bout mah nagging, it's about lovin' yourself yow~.
Okay, i'm talking like some street kid. Rewind and remix!

Anyway, as I was saying, I go through with these "bodily issues" a lot. Especially in the morning. My eyes would look like I hadn't slept for days and my skin would look like I just revived myself from the grave. My hair? Oh I just love my hair in the morning. Looks like a bird's nest (over-exaggerating). In fact, I hardly comb my hair in the morning now (fact) and I just tie it up or whatever. Did you know your face inflates when you sleep? (another fact. Coz we're sleeping horizontally, so the liquid in our face just pools there. okay, enough science.)

When I was a tween (aged 12?/13 to 14/15?) I didn't really bother with the way I look. My regular casual outfit consisted of:
  • huge T-shirt
  • Baggy pants/jeans/shorts
  • sneakers
  • glasses
  • low pony tail, nerdy, fringe-less updo.
I still cringe when I look at my old photos and smack myself on the head saying "What was I THINKING??"

When I turned 15 (I think?) I started to get self conscious about the way I dress, or the way my hair falls, or the way I walk, or the way I- you get the idea right? It all started when I got obsessed with Korean Pop. Not to say that Korean celebrities make you feel inferior to the way you look right now, it's just that they're so pretty/handsome/gorgeous/omg-fcking-perfect/omg-can-i-just-rip-her-face-off-and-put-it-on-mine.




I'm bigbang bias. So sue me.


Now Korean celebrities aren't the only culprit on this, other celebrities as well. Especially Western ones. Yes, the ones who religiously poke themselves with botox and vacuum their ridiculously fatless bodies to the point of no-aneroxic-return. Nah I was just kidding bout the aneroxic part.
still wanna be a size 2? this is probably a size 3. Heh
I keep going off topic here. :/ in fact, I'm not even sure what the core topic is! Forgive my clutziness. It's past midnight. So anyway, I just want to rant on how much I enjoy being an East Asian. Not just any Asian, but particularly, an East Asian. Don't ask me why, it'll just spark controversy here on racist issues. I don't want to be flagged for being a racist bastard. I am of Shanghai heritage. I didn't know that until my mum told me a few years ago. I was like "whoaaa.. *insert awed expression here*" yeah so, hurray for fair skin!

I used to be jealous of people's eyebrows. Yes you heard me, E.Y.E.B.R.O.W.S. I know I'm weird. Didn't you read my profile? I have thick eyebrows while (almost) everyone else has thin ones. I was jealous. In fact, I just got over this issue at end of last year I think. I was contemplating on whether to reshape them brows or just keep them as they are. I suppose I made the right choice. Not many people have eyebrows like moi.


as you can see, my eyebrows are freaking TRIANGLE in shape. (i'm wearing contact lenses btw. My eyes aren't THAT huge.)

I feel.... like ranting on about my nose, but my eyes are refusing to cooperate with me and are forcing immediate shut down. Just a quick thought, rhinoplasty or more commonly known as the "nose job" has crossed my mind before. And sometimes it still does, but I know, if I change my nose structure, I will never look the way God had intended for me to look.

So, cheers people. Love the way you look now, or you'll regret it later.
Peace.

Oh, and Happy April Fool's day peeps. (this post is NOT a joke.)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Many different points in one post. Wow.

Different facial features make each person stand out. The world will be so boring with everyone having the same so called perfect features. We'll all look mass produced and if you think about it, that's pretty scary.

Personally, people with such distinguishing features (like you!) have a greater effect on others. Leaves a long lasting impression and by that I mean a positive one. :) so yeah, embrace each's uniqueness!

Judify said...

ngaawwwwwwwwww that's so sweeettttt :D thanks Lammy >:D