Monday, August 30, 2010

snip snip! Edward here.

Watched Edward Scissorhands today. I've heard about it but never got the chance to watch it. Even when I did, I'd switch the channel. So today, I finally sat down and watched half of the movie and what I can say about it, is that its one of the most touching Tim Burton movies I've ever watched. I teared at the end. Literally! There were LOTS of parts in the movie that made me go "awwww..." and some parts where I was going "wtf is wrong with you people??"
I mean, Edward looks so fragile to the point where you just want to forget his scissor hands and hug him real tight. What's more, it's Johnny Depp as Edward. :)
AND his voice just melts you off your feet. He sounded so... so innocent. Like a little child who knows nothing about the cruel world around him.



An incredibly short summary of the movie:
Edward Scissorhands is a 1990 American romantic fantasy film directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp. The film shows the story of an artificial man named Edward, an unfinished creation, who has scissors for hands. Edward is taken in by a suburban family and falls in love with their teenage daughter Kim.

It's a really good and really fresh plot to begin with. So, all the more reason to watch it. You don't see other movies such as this don't you?
I really adore Johnny in this movie :3 he portrayed Edward so well! I find Edward quite the charmer and his sweet, innocent, pure-heart attitude makes me adore him even more. Call me weird, but hey, didn't you already know that? :)

Here's the 1990 trailer from youtube. Enjoy!



Oh, and I just found out that there were rumours circling around stating that ROBERT PATTINSON is going to play Edward in the remake of the movie. OH HELL NO. he better NOT attempt in doing so. It'll ruin the charm of the movie for goodness' sake! No offense to Rob Patt fans, but I just don't like him as much as you do.


No comments: