Tuesday, May 24, 2011

De-fine: LOVE



Love:
 What if I could speak all languages of humans, and of angels?
If I did not love others, I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
  What if I could prophesy and understand all secrets and all knowledge?
    And what if I had faith that moved mountains?
I would be nothing, unless i loved others.
     What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive?
I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.

Love is Patient, Love is Kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not light in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always Protects, always Trusts, always Hopes and always Perseveres.
Love Never fails

 Everyone who prophesies will stop,                      
and unknown languages will no longer be spoken.            
  All that we know will be forgotten.                        
   We don't know anything,                                    
and our prophesies are not complete.                      
But what is perfect will someday appear,                
 and what isn't perfect will then disappear.             

When we were children,
we thought and reasoned as children do.
But when we grow up,
we quit our childish ways.
Now,
all we can see of God,
is like a cloudy picture 
in a mirror.
Later we will see Him 
Face to Face.
We don't know everything, 
but then we will,
just as God completely understands
Us.
For now, 
there are faith, hope and love.
But of these three,
the greatest is
LOVE 
-1 Corinthians, Chapter 13, 
the Bible


No comments: