Saturday, January 15, 2011

Humble thy self C:

We had our first band meeting of the year at church today. Watched a video related to worship by (forgot his name D:)
He taught us to be HUMBLE in EVERYTHING we do. From my own personal experience, that's really and very true. You see, I sort of have this ego thing (confession time lol) and sometimes, I feel superior to some people. Though I may not look like it, but I do feel like that sometimes. It used to be a lil worse last time. But God made me open my eyes. When i was a back up in Youth, (still am haha) i used to think i can do better than them or i know more about music, or how loud or how soft it should be played and stuff. Then on a few occasions, I even harmonized, but then all of a sudden, my mic went loud and I went off key. it was kinda embarrassing, but i acted as if it never happened. Ever since then, I've made up my mind to be as humble as I can when I'm singing back up for youth. Though sometimes I do still act a little out of my place (like giving LOTS of suggestions and expecting them to follow them) I try to tone it down a little.

After lunch, went back to church and was greeted by two MASSIVE AMPS. OMG ALSKSDDJFHGKH
It felt like i was in a concert!! :D and we got two new HUGE sub-woofers too! (Bass amps) omg. worship in church will never be the same again! Then again, the new amps amplify the sounds so loudly, that even the slightest mistake can be heard. We tried them out today during Sunday school band practice. (I'm leading. omg) and to be honest, I'm not very confident about my performance today. It's as if the microphone hates me! (To me) i sounded terrible. UGH. and the music played was very messy! I didn't know what came first and what came last, or how to end! it's like I forgot everything! D:
ughhhh... So right now, I'm gonna ask God for PLENTY of guidance and His mercy so that I won't embarrass myself tomorrow morning and also for the band playing tomorrow :S

No comments: