Sunday, November 14, 2010

Video review :3 (Sam Tsui)

 

yeahhh so i stumbled upon this video my friend tagged me in on facebook. This is something like Mike Tompkin's videos of mashups, covers, and own unique style of interpreting music. When I watched this video, I was thinking "Hmm. Talented guy. Not bad. Though not as interesting as Mike's."
It was a slow mellow start. Then it took a happier pace when it went to Dynamite.
As the video progressed, it got to the point where I found it a little boring? Because he kept repeating Love The Way You Lie's chorus and several parts of Dynamite. BUT. He expressed those two parts differently. and that makes it different from the previous parts. (You'll get what I mean when you watch/listen it)
In the video, it shows similar presentation styles as Mike Tompkins (boxes of different videos) and that makes it really interesting.
The most interesting part is when he literally meshes up Love The Way You Lie, Dynamite and Teenage Dream. 
And finally, the video ends with the acoustic guitar; slow and mellow like how it began. A really nice touch.

Well, his voice is a sound for sore ears, unique presentation and he's eye candy. So over all, I'll give this video a 4 star rating ;)

here's another cover: Breaking Free by Sam Tsui and Allison Williams
Better than the original I tell you :D


Oh, and here's an all original, single hit on Youtube titled: 'Don't Want an Ending'
it's really good! usually I don't listen to original productions but what got me to watch and listen to this video, i really don't know. The filming for this music video is really professionally done. Like what you'd expect from a top ranking, super popular music celebrity. so i'll give THIS one a 4.5 star rating :D


and and here's a really good (and funny) review of the song as well :3

Enjoy the videos!

No comments: